Dr.-Ing. Ronald Römer
Building 3A, Room 250
T +49 (0) 355 69 5007
PGP public key:
824DB5DF, fingerprint: 0345 3232 4210 19AE CCE6 FAA7 4DD4 CB6A 824D B5DF
- Ronald Römer studied electrical engineering at the University of Rostock until 1995, majoring in communications engineering.
- He then worked for Siemens AG (semiconductors), Infineon Technologies AG, Temic SDS GmbH, Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH and Nuance Communications, primarily in the fields of algorithm development and speech technology.
- He received his PhD from the Technical University of Munich in 2009.
- Since 2011, he has been working as an academic assistant at the Chair of Communication Technology at the Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg.
- From 2019, this was followed by the scientific coordination for the Cognitive Systems Research Cluster as well as the Lausitz Center for Artificial Intelligence.
- His research interests are mainly in the areas of semiotic information and language processing, behavioral control of cognitive machines, and quantum-inspired AI methods.