Many publishers and databases offer the ability to sign up for email alerts. Registration is usually free of charge. Publishers don't require that our library has a subscription to the journal you want to receive alerts.
Kind of alerts:
- ToC alerts: table of contents of new issues of a selected journal
- Search alerts: new hits for your personal search query
- Author alerts: new publications by a selected author
- Topic alerts: new information on a selected subject
- Citation alerts: a selected document has been cited in a new document
Some Databases offer this service → see Database-Infosystem (DBIS).
You will find alert services of publishers we have purchased licenses in our list.
RSS-Feeds also help to get frequently updated information (e.g. articles). They can be displayed in a feed reader or as dynamic bookmark (e.g. Mozilla Firefox).