Is the coal phase-out coming sooner than expected?
The news outlet RBB reports on LEAG's decision to adjust its plans for the coal phase-out in Cottbus. The company plans to produce even less coal than expected, which could lead to an earlier exit. Prof. Müsgens comments on this decision and talks about the difficulties for coal-fired power plants to remain profitable at current and projected energy prices.
You can access the news hier.
- solarify: ESYS: New market design for the energy transition
- energate messenger: Researchers' alliance proposes new electricity market design ( fee required,)
- E&M daily: New market design for the energy transition is demanded
*Articles are only available in German
(Selected) media coverage of the published article:
- Invited guest post at CarbonBrief
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- The Telegraph
- The York Press
- Science Daily
- The Guardian
- Imperial College London
The full article can be found here: Offshore wind competitiveness in mature markets without subsidy, Nature Energy, 2020. An open access version is available at the following link: https://rdcu.be/b5R42 (read-only access).
- pv-magazine.de: "Ein einheitlicher CO2-Preis: der Schlüssel für ein effizientes Marktdesign"
- solarserver.de: "Fachleute fordern einheitlichen CO2-Preis"
- solarify.eu: "Einheitlicher CO2-Preis als Schlüssel für effizientes Marktdesign"
- bizz-energy.com: "Union ringt um Klimaschutz-Pläne"
- Tagesspiegel Background: "Leitlinien für CO2-Preisanpassung gefordert"
- Energie & Management: "Wissenschaftler: CO2-Bepreisung schafft doppelte Dividende"