The scope of the Summer School comprises modern topics in materials synthesis (physical and chemical vapor deposition, atomic-layer deposition), experimental characterization, and application (energy harvesting, memory devices, solar cells, and heterogeneous catalysis). Particular emphasis will be put on state-of-the-art characterization techniques such as X-ray and electron diffraction, various forms of photoelectron spectroscopy for electronic and chemical analysis or at near-ambient conditions, scanning probe microscopy, fullfield electron microscopy, as well as X-ray tomography.
Within 5 days the participants will be able to gain and exchange knowledge based on introductory tutorials and specific talks rendered by renowned scientists and specialists in their various fields. Complementing the morning lectures, practical training sessions in the afternoons are also offered so that selected experimental methods and techniques may be seen and experienced »live and in action«.
Especially for students: The Summer School is part of the regular curriculum of the Master Study Course »Physics« (number of lecture 150360, module number 11767), for which 6 credit points may be obtained.
The official language of the Summer School is English.
Participation is free of charge (registration fee and coffee breaks included).
Please register by sending your contact details (name, institution, address, phone, email) to the Dr. Karsten Henkel or Ms. Ioanna Paloumpa (see below for contactt details).
Update: 13.09.2019: You may still register.
The deadline for registration is August 26th, 2019.
Confirmed invited speakers:
• Johannes Heitmann (TU Bergakademie Freiberg),
• Inga Fischer (BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg),
• Ehrenfried Zschech (Fraunhofer IKTS, Dresden),
• Christoph Janowitz (BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg),
• David Starr (Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin),
• Thomas Seyller (TU Chemnitz),
• Joachim Wollschläger (Universität Osnabrück),
• Michael Reichling (Universität Osnabrück),
• Andreas Rosenauer (Universität Bremen),
• Harald Schenk (Fraunhofer IPMS, Dresden),
• Eduardo Perez (IHP, Frankfurt/Oder),
• Andreas Schaefer (Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg),
• Dieter Schmeißer (BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg),
• Malgorzata Kot (BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg).
at Friday, 27th September, the workshop will finish at 1:30 pm.
Lehrgebäude 1A (LG 1A)