The PhD programme Environmental and Resource Management (ERM) offers an integrated approach to current national and international environmental issues and contributes to improving the quality of professional environmental management in the 21st century.
The PhD programme is embedded in the Faculty of Environmental and Natural Sciences and is a structured three-year full-time programme. During this period of study and research, students attend study-related modules and complete a scientific thesis.
PhD students conduct individual research for their scientific thesis from the broad field of environmental and resource management and are integrated into an international and interdisciplinary group of PhD students and scientists.
Graduates of the ERM PhD programme are equipped for both academic careers and careers outside academia. Academic career opportunities include research associate and postdoctoral positions at universities and research centres. Other career opportunities are diverse and include positions in national and international consultancies, public administration, international aid and development programmes or private companies.
Bewerbung und Zulassung
- A Master's degree (or equivalent) in the environmental field of science, economics, engineering, management, law – or a related field in applied chemistry or biotechnology
- Proof of satisfactory English language skills
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 550 points (paper-based), 213 points (computer-based), or 79 points (internet-based)
- ELTS Academic (minimum 6.5)
- Cambridge Advanced English Test or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (minimum grade B)
- UNICert Stufe II
- A comprehensive research proposal
- Complete application documents