The International Relations Office would like to welcome you to our university! In order to facilitate your arrival at BTU and also assist you throughout your stay, BTU has created a contact point.
The Welcome Centre is the main consulting and service point for all international researchers, PhD and doctoral students, postdocs and newly appointed professors who will be at BTU for more than three months.
We are here to support and advise you and your family with all non-academic and practical questions concerning both your work at BTU and your daily life in Cottbus and Senftenberg. The Welcome Centre would like to help you to quickly feel at home. Our goal is to make you feel welcome even before your arrival in Cottbus.
In order to best support you and allow for you to fully concentrate on your research or teaching, please contact the Welcome Centre as early as possible. We gladly welcome your questions, even if you are still abroad!
Registration Welcome Centre
International students should contact the Link.
The Welcome Centre can provide students with contact information of the various service centres at BTU and all important institutions outside of the university. We also offer the following services for you and your family:
- Advice about formal requirements (Visas, registration, health insurance
- Accompaniment to authorities
- Support when searching for accommodation
- Advice and support for family affairs (searching for suitable childcare or schools)
- Special events for international researchers and their families
- Contact information for BTU host institutes