|Lecture||Tuesday 09:15-10:45||HG 0.18||Prof. Dr. Meer|
|Lecture||Thursday 13:45 - 15:15||HG 0.19||Prof. Dr. Meer|
|Exercises||Wednesday 13:45 - 15:15||HG 3.45||A. Naif M.Sc.|
- Change in schedule: On Wednesday, May 16 there will be a lecture. Therefore, on Thursday, May 17 there will be an exercise session. The same will be once again the case on June 13 (Wednesday, lecture) and June 14 (Thursday, exercise session).
- Enrollment: electronically
- Final exam: most likely an oral examination (depending on the number of participants); the exam currently is scheduled in week 30 (July 23 - 27). More details will be given during the course.
- Important information on prerequisites: The course at many places is relying on basic knowledge about discrete mathematics that you should have adopted in your Bachelor's education. Typical examples are a basic familiarity with concepts such as groups, rings, and (finite) fields, vector spaces, basic number theoretic statements and algorithms such as prime number decomposition, the (extended) Euclidean algorithm, the Chinese Remainder Theorem etc. Though in the run of the course we briefly address those things again when they come up you are strongly recommended to study them early again in textbooks as soon as you have the feeling that your knowledge or remembrance is not sufficient. Most of the books in the reference list contain brief surveys on these topics.
- G. Baumslag, B. Fine, M. Kreuzer, G. Rosenberger: A course in mathematical cryptography, De Gruyter Graduate 2015
- J. Buchmann: Einführung in die Kryptographie (in German), Springer 2016
- V. Diekert, M. Kufleitner, G. Rosenberger: Diskrete Algebraische Methoden (in German), De Gryuter Studium 2013; the book in the meanwhile is also available in English
- J. Hoffstein, J. Pipher, J.S. Silverman: An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography, 2nd edition, 2014 Springer
- O. Goldreich: Foundations of Cryprography - Volume I Basic Tools, Cambridge University Press 2001
- J. Rothe: Komplexitätstheorie und Kryptologie (in German), Springer 2008
- D.R. Stinson: Cryprography - Theory and Practice, CRC Press 1995