Prize: Soroptimist Prize 2017, honouring "[f]emale BTU students with good and very good performance who stand up among students for international communication and intercultural understanding". (Link)
Prize: poster prize for Faculty 2 at the BTU Young Researchers’ Days poster competition with poster on "Environmental Valuation and Analysis of Climate Change Adaptation Measures in Agriculture: A Case Study of Makueni County, Kenya"
Currently, 2014: PhD Student at the Chair of Environmental Economics, BTU-Cottbus
Field of Research: Economic Valuation and Analysis of Climate Change Adaptation Measures in Agriculture: Case of Makueni County, Kenya2014: German Course: Kreuzberg Sprachinstitut, Bonn
2010 - 2012: University of Nairobi in Collaboration with Pretoria University, South Africa:
Masters of Science in Agricultural and Applied Economics (Major: Environment and Natural Resource Management)
Field of research: Household Solid Waste Management Options
2006 - 2010: University of Nairobi
Bachelor of Science (Range Management)
2004 - 2005: Strathmore University
Diploma in Business Information Technology
2003 - 2004: Strathmore University
Higher Diploma in Management Information Systems (MIS)
2016: Internship at the project climatescorecard
2013 - 2014: Research Assistant: Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI) on McGill Project in ASALs
2013 - 2014: Research Assistant: USAID Kenya Horticulture Competitiveness Project
2013 - 2014: Part-time Lecturer; University of Nairobi, Kabete Campus; Catholic University of East Africa
2013: Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Expert: Cortec Mining Kenya Limited, Kwale County
2013: Research Assistant: ASARECA Potato Value Chain Analysis in East Africa
2012 - 2013: Research Assistant: Rempai Constultancy on International Research and Development Centre (IDRC) Project : GlobalGAP analysis
2003 - 2007: Transcriber/Editor/Local Area Network Assistant: Strathmore University
- Nthambi, M., Nyikal, R. and Mburu, J. (2015): Determinants of Households’ Choice of Solid Waste Management Options in Kibera Slum, Kenya. Journal of International Real Estate and Construction Studies, Vol. 3 (2).
- Smallholder Choice of Compliance Arrangements: The Case of GlobalGAP Adoption by French Bean Farmers in Kirinyaga, Mbooni and Buuri/Laikipia Counties, Kenya. Conference paper. Link
- Book: Solid Waste Management Options for Households in Developing Countries: Economic Assessment in Kibera Slum in Kenya. Copyright © 2014 OmniScriptum GmbH & Co. KG: ISBN978-3-659-66146-4
- Live member in Kenya Association For the Intellectually Handicapped.
- Professional membership with KAAD Association of Scholars in East Africa(KASEA).
- Member of Society of KAAD Association of Scholars in East Africa (SOK; Charity Arm of KASEA)
- African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE)